The Industrial Proximity Sensor
The TX-55 is a high-performance, weatherproof proximity detector capable of detecting objects from 12 inches out to 254 inches (6.45 meters).
The TX-55 features a very narrow beam and rapid measurement time, making it ideal for use cases like presence detection inside a distance window and object determination.
Operation is simple. Apply 7-35V and the unit will self-calibrate and begin taking range measurements every 49msec. The signal line (white wire) will become high once the unit detects an object within a user-selectable range. When the object is moved outside the selected range window the signal wire will become low.
The TX-55 features a robust, welded steel IP67 housing and a universal pole-mounting kit that supports pipe up to 3 inches in diameter. A 50′ integrated, shielded power / data cable is included. Two units can operate together in master-slave mode, for enhanced zone coverage.
- Proximity Detection
- Trigger Source for RFID / Video Equipment
- Welded Steel Enclosure
- IP67 Compliant
- Tamper-Resistant Housing
- Rapid measurment time (~20Hz)
- Digital output: High = 4.8V, Low = 0V
- Narrow, well-defined beam
- Long range: over 6 meters
- Simple, one wire digital output
- User selectable range window
- Highly visible LED when target is acquired
Flexible Installation Options
- Adjustable Pole Mounting Kit
- 50′ of cable included. (Longer lengths available)
- Low current draw (20mA at 10V)
- Multiple Operating Modes: Solo, Master, Slave
- Safer installation — no on-track activity needed.